Frequently Asked Questions
This document summarizes our venue’s communication with the general public regarding post-COVID operations. We expect to update this material continuously and frequently as events unfold.
- What restrictions will be in place upon my visit to Highlands Sports Complex?
- What is happening to enhance the safety and cleanliness of the venue?
- What process can Athletes, Participants, Spectators, and other Guests to the venue expect for entry?
- What is your plan if someone attending has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Will you be testing players from out of state?
We are all in this together – and together we are stronger!
- Our venue is proud to be a partner to our community as we all come back stronger than ever. We know there are many in our area hurting and experiencing hardships.
- We are committed to providing a safe, clean, positive environment to help you and your family come and enjoy the activities you love the most.
- As part of partnership with our community, we want to thank those who have tirelessly given of themselves to keep the rest of us safe and healthy.
- Our venue is providing introductory pricing on select Summer and Fall programs (leagues, camps, clinics & rentals) to all. The introductory price will be 50% off the selected items for 3 months following the Grand Opening.
What restrictions will be in place upon my visit to Highlands Sports Complex?
- Outdoor playing fields and surfaces will be open for limited use capacity, and operated within distancing requirements that include:
- Spectators bleachers and team benches will have fixed/limited seating
- Guests are encouraged to bring in their own chairs for outdoor field play
- Spectators watching games must adhere to social distancing guidelines by remaining 6 feet apart. Cones or other markers will be used to help communicate spacing.
- Indoor facilities will reduce capacity to allow guests to adhere to recommended social distancing guidelines:
- We’re taking necessary precautions to ensure proper distancing
- Capacity reductions will change as government guidance is updated
- Play Climb limit will be reduced from 48 to 18 participants. All climbers must wear a mask
- Every other arcade machine will be turned off to help participants social distance and capacity will be reduced
- Activities that do not adhere to government guidance will not be allowed
- We will be monitoring social distancing and guests not complying will be reminded to practice distancing. In the event guests will not comply with social distancing practices, they may be asked to leave the premises
- Any vendors offering services will be required to be separated by appropriate distance and must demonstrate cleaning and disinfection practices
What is happening to enhance the safety and cleanliness of the venue?
- Our team members are temperature tested before starting work each shift
- Team members are screened prior to each shift to ensure they do not currently have virus symptoms and have not been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- We require all employees to report any illness to a supervisor
- We require notification of any COVID-19 positive cases in a team members household
- We will provide personal protective equipment including masks to all team members, and training on how to use it (based on CDC guidelines)
- Our team members are provided sanitizing stations, such as a wash basin with soap and/or bottle of hand sanitizer
- We prohibit congregating of 10 or more team members in break rooms or common areas and limit capacity of such areas to allow for safe social distancing
- Team Members will adhere to a more frequent cycle of side-work cleaning, involving wiping down equipment, benches, bleachers, and commonly touched surfaces like bathroom handles, bathroom stalls, public garbage cans, tables/chairs, etc.
Food Service Area
- We have incorporated CDC recommendations, OSHA and local Health Department standards, and industry best practices into operating guidelines for our staff to follow
- We have extensive cleaning standards in place for our food preparation and public seating areas
- Sanitize chairs and tables, especially where contact occurs
- Kitchens are thoroughly cleaned with sanitizing solutions daily – before, between, and at the close of shifts
- When preparing food, team members are required to wash their hands more frequently, not less than once every 30 minutes
- Team members are changing gloves frequently, not less than once every 30 minutes, and using different gloves for food handling vs. cash handling.
- We are following government guidelines for food area social distancing and seating capacity
- We are using digital or single use menus
Additional Cleaning/Safety Standards
- Restrooms are cleaned with sanitizing solutions several times a day
- Indoor restrooms will be accessible with a reduced capacity
- We have temporarily closed every other urinal in men’s restrooms
- We have placed signage throughout the venue encouraging distancing, hand washing, and other safe practices
- We will be continuously monitoring and improving our operations for the safety of our athletes, spectators, and team members
- We are committed to communicating our guidelines with coaches, event owners, participants, vendors, and other visitors to the facility and requesting everyone work together to keep us all safer
- We are providing hand sanitizer in high traffic areas
What process can Athletes, Participants, Spectators, and other Guests to the venue expect for entry?
- Our venue will have a reduced capacity for occupancy, to allow for appropriate social distancing
- In some cases, advance reservations will be needed to reduce the need to turn people away at the entrance. Please visit our website or call the venue for updates and space availability
- Signage will be posted at the entrance asking/informing guests the following:
- Have you had exposure to COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced:
- Cough or shortness of breath?
- Loss of taste or smell?
- You are at an increased risk for COVID-19 if you are:
- 65 years or older, have underlying lung/asthma conditions, have heart complications, suffer from diabetes, liver disease, severe obesity or are otherwise immune compromised
- Your health is your responsibility
- We reserve the right to institute further COVID-19 screening to ensure guests are not endangering others
- Guests who have had symptoms or exposure will not be allowed in the venue
- If a symptomatic/exposed guest is a driver for another guest, they will be asked to wait in their closed vehicle until their passenger’s activities are completed
- Guests will be invited to use hand sanitizer stations upon entry and exit of the building. Sanitizing stations will be provided near main entrances.
What’s your plan if someone attending has tested positive for COVID-19?
- We are communicating to event owners, partner organizations, renters, and those who register online, that anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19 is not allowed to enter the venue until they have been released by their doctor and diagnosed as “recovered.”
- Anyone who is presenting symptoms of illness, or answers screening questions upon entry in a way that gives us concern, will not be admitted to the venue, as a way of protecting every other guest at the venue, and preventing exposures and spread.
Will you be testing players from out of state?
- In most states, out of state travel will not occur until a later phase of reopening. At that time, our facilities will work with event organizers to institute standards above and beyond the minimum requirements to promote participant and guest safety.
How big is the facility?
Highlands Sports Complex is a total of 200,000 square feet with an 88,000 SF turf field and a 42,000 SF gym that holds six basketball/volleyball courts.
When do you open?
Highlands Sports Complex is expecting to open its doors to the public in the summer of 2020.
Will there be a fitness center?
Yes. The Highland Sports Complex fitness center will open in the winter of 2020.
Is there anything for baseball?
Yes. The turf field can be utilized for baseball practice and features four batting cage / pitching tunnels that drop from the ceiling.